Headquarters: Alexandria, Va.
TESOL's Mission: To advance professional expertise in English language teaching and learning for speakers of other languages worldwide
TESOL's Credo: Ideals we believe in as a professional community:
- Professionalism in language education
- Interaction of research and practice for educational improvement
- Accessible, high quality instruction
- Respect for diversity, multilingualism and multiculturalism
- Respect for individual language rights
- Collaboration in a global community
TESOL's Core Values
- Responsiveness: A service orientation enabled by respectful listening and accountability to mission.
- Quality: High standards and excellence characteristic of innovation and creativity in an academically rigorous environment.
- Collaboration: Cooperation for the common good within a diverse, inclusive and culturally sensitive global community.
- Integrity: Reputation as a trusted resource earned by ethical, honest, fair and transparent action.